The SVIA Board Advocacy Program is an initiative run by the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee to assist members who aspire to run for the SVIA Board of Directors but feel that they don’t yet have the connections, visibility, or profile to be elected. The goal of the initiative is to broaden the pool of candidates seeking election to the Board, and while the primary focus of the DE&I Committee is to increase connectivity and industry representation from historically underrepresented groups, we welcome the opportunity to help all candidates seeking Board candidacy.
SVIA Board elections are held every October, with nominations occurring in early September and the elections occurring in October immediately following the Fall Forum.
Qualified candidates should ask themselves:
- Do you have a passion for stable value, and see yourself as a future leader in the industry?
- Do you want to have a voice in shaping the future of the industry?
- Do you want to be part of a highly engaged, influential and inclusive leadership team that is committed to helping plan sponsors, consultants, and participants through value added stable value options?
- Are you willing and able to participate in SVIA BOD committees, collaborate with industry leaders and actively contribute to key initiatives?
- Is your firm a member of the SVIA?