Work Location Minneapolis
Allspring Global Investments™ is a leading independent asset management firm that offers a broad range of investment products and solutions designed to help meet clients’ goals. At Allspring, our vision is to inspire a new era of investing that pursues both financial returns and positive outcomes. With decades of trusted experience propelling us forward, we strive to build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes for our clients. We do this through the independence of thought that powers our investment strategies and by bringing a renewed approach to look around the corner to unlock what’s possible. Allspring is a global company committed to thoughtful investing, purposeful planning, and the desire to deliver outcomes that expand above and beyond financial gains.
At Allspring, we leverage the diversity of people, ideas, and skills to help our clients pursue their financial goals. Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business is vital to our success. We drive creativity and innovation by bringing together multiple perspectives – diversity and inclusion are key to understanding our clients more fully and seeing business opportunities in new ways. Making differences, our difference.
For more information, please visit www.allspringglobal.com.
Galliard Capital Management focuses on providing stable value and fixed income investment management services to institutional investors. The firm was founded in 1995 with 15 clients and $1.8 billion in assets under management. Today, Galliard manages more than $90 billion in assets and has over 100 professionals dedicated to serving in excess of 200 institutional clients. (www.Galliard.com) Galliard is a wholly owned subsidiary of Allspring Global Investments. Galliard is looking for two individuals to expand the New Business Development team. These hires will be responsible for new business development and establishing new client relationships for stable value and fixed income mandates.
As a Fixed Income Investment Product Specialist, these individuals will identify and cultivate institutional clients in North America. Depending on the candidates, one position may be focused on stable value prospects in the defined contribution space, and one may focus on clients with core fixed income opportunities, or they may both be responsible for coverage of both asset categories. The specialists will be responsible for active engagement with the prospects from identification through on-boarding. They may also be responsible for maintaining and expanding existing client relationships as well. May assist in developing new products. Develops a broad and deep understanding of the prospects’ needs and challenges and working to meet those needs by leveraging the capabilities of the entire organization. Has a thorough understanding of the assigned markets, reporting, regulatory, guideline and servicing requirements. Has a key role in coordinating teams across Galliard for new business responses and presentations.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Proactively develop new prospects in assigned markets
- Cultivate prospect and consultant meetings, in coordination with the broader Galliard client facing team
- Primary point of contact for prospect communications and inquiries
- Collaborate with Galliard leadership to develop and deliver Galliard messaging
- Assist with new account on-boarding
- Develop relationships with client field and research consultants
- Assist with new business opportunities with existing customers
- Support client team with existing clients, as needed
- Participate in industry groups and events for market visibility and client development
- Keeping abreast of current industry trends, economic events, regulations and pertinent information for effective communication to prospects and consultants
- Assist in the development of support/junior staff, as needed
- 10+ years of investment management experience, preferably in investment sales
- History of institutional sales, preferably with fixed income and/or stable value products
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of investment industry: particularly fixed income products, capabilities and services.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of asset management industry and client types
- Ability to hold consultative meetings and deliver solution-oriented proposals
- Stable value experience and/or extensive knowledge of stable value investment concepts
- Fixed income experience and/or extensive knowledge of fixed income investment concepts
- An active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or MBA
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Self-starter with a sense of ownership and a desire to learn the business and contribute at a high level
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to quickly assess opportunities and determine proper action
- Experience with a CRM tool (e.g., Protrak, Salesforce)
- Demonstrated team player with a positive attitude and successful experience in a team-oriented organization
- Ability to travel up to 65%
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. All offers for employment with Allspring are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Allspring is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Job posting can be found here: