Job Title: Fixed Income Investment Product Specialist (Inv Prod Specialist 3)
Hiring Manager: Mike Norman
Locations: Minneapolis preferred; other locations will be considered.
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Galliard Capital Management focuses on providing stable value and fixed income money management services to institutional investors. The firm was founded in 1995 with 15 clients and $1.8 billion in assets under management. Today, Galliard manages more than $90 billion in assets and has over 110 professionals dedicated to serving in excess of 230 institutional clients. The stability and commitment of Galliard’s employees has been a key ingredient to the firm’s long-term success. (www.Galliard.com ) Galliard is a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Wells Fargo.
Wells Fargo recently announced the sale of Wells Fargo Asset Management to GTCR LLC and Reverence Capital Partners, L.P. The sale is expected to close in the second half of 2021. We are continuing to recruit for open positions supporting Asset Management, but want to ensure you are aware that when the sale closes this position will be transferred to the new company. If you begin working at Wells Fargo, you should expect to transfer with the sale to the new company, with similar employment terms and conditions following your Wells Fargo start date
Galliard is looking for two individuals to expand the New Business Development team. These hires will be responsible for new business development and establishing new client relationships for stable value and fixed income mandates.
As Fixed Income Investment Product Specialists, these individuals will identify and cultivate institutional clients in North America. Depending on the candidates, one position may be focused on stable value prospects in the defined contribution space and one may focus on clients with core fixed income opportunities, or they may both be responsible for coverage of both asset categories.
The specialists may be responsible for:
- Active engagement with the prospects from identification through on-boarding
- Maintaining and expanding existing client relationships
- Assisting in developing new products
- Developing a broad and deep understanding of the prospects’ needs and challenges and working to meet those needs by leveraging the capabilities of the entire organization
- Understanding the assigned markets’ reporting, regulatory, guideline and servicing requirements
- Playing a key role in coordinating teams across Galliard for new business responses and presentations
- 10+ years of investment management experience
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- History of institutional sales, preferably with fixed income and/or stable value products
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of investment industry: particularly fixed income products, capabilities, and services
- Solid knowledge and understanding of asset management industry and client types
- Ability to hold consultative meetings and deliver solution-oriented proposals
- Stable value experience and/or extensive knowledge of stable value investment concepts
- Fixed income experience and/or extensive knowledge of fixed income investment concepts
- Self-starter with a sense of ownership and a desire to learn the business and contribute at a high level
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to quickly assess opportunities and determine proper action
- Experience with a CRM tool (e.g. Protrak, Salesforce)
- Demonstrated team player with a positive attitude and successful experience in a team-oriented organization
Ability to travel up to 70%
Job posting can be found here: