At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Account Manager, Stable Value Products which will be responsible for day to day client management, sales and marketing of stable value products. Development with product management, the core positioning, messaging and sales marketing tools for stable value. Formulate annual business plans to increase stable value opportunity pipeline. Act as primary contact for information requests from clients, advisors, consultants and auditors. Works collaboratively with product management, risk underwriting, operations, legal, contracts, and enterprise risk management. Provides subject matter expertise for the stable value asset class, as well as the market, regulatory and competitive environment.
- Manage and retain existing stable value relationships through integrity, honesty and trust while emphasizing market commitment.
- Establish new stable value relationships to grow business opportunities
- Structure and negotiate new and amended contracts with third party intermediaries
- Formulate annual marketing and business plans to increase stable value opportunity pipeline, both with new and existing clients.
- Work collaboratively across stable value product management, underwriting, operations, legal, and enterprise risk management teams across the stable value business to develop or enhance products, processes, solve client requests, and ensure business goals are met.
- Evaluate client plan change risks with interaction of underwriting and recommend solutions to product management.
- Effectively presents to and interacts with senior management, internal/external stakeholders, clients, consultants and prospects in representation of Pacific Life’s stable value products
- Provide innovative direction and identify new growth opportunities proactively based on competitive intelligence, trends and retirement plan expertise
- Contribute to internally and externally positioning the stable value asset class as a capital preservation option that delivers safety, liquidity, and yield to participants
- Increase the stable value education within the organization through training sessions and presentations
- Provide overall support to internal stakeholders on stable value and how our product works and how it compares to competitors in the market
- Distribute monthly and quarterly reports, performance and marketing materials
- Attend SVIA conferences and other industry related conferences
- Travel and participate in client presentations and industry working groups
Factors for Success:
- 7-10 years within the financial services industry
- 5+ years of sales / marketing / risk analysis experience within stable value industry
- Knowledge of all aspects of retirement including plan design, products and services, investments, laws and regulations, stable value industry standards, and a competitive environment
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills, and the ability to analyze and comprehend complex information
- Strong attention to detail and business / client judgement
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, eager to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong excel, word and power point skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or related field. CFA or progress towards an advanced degree is a plus.
To apply, submit an application at paclife.co/jobs