Position available for an Associate Portfolio Manager in Stable Value.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This Associate Portfolio Manager (APM) will assist Portfolio Managers (PMs) in the day-to-day management of stable value strategies by performing scenario and portfolio allocation analyses, evaluating fixed income portfolio strategies and performance, and communicating with internal and external constituencies.
Develop expertise in stable value investments and, under the direction of senior PMs, assist in the day-to-day management of the portfolios, strategy allocations and wrap issuer contract negotiations.
Assist with and support the development of analytics and processes to inform views on portfolio changes, investment allocations and crediting rate impact and to meet client and counterparty reporting requirements.
Work with the PMs and Investment Specialist and partner with internal distribution channels to present the portfolio strategy, performance and positioning to existing clients, prospective clients and consultants.
Act as a proxy for the PM and point of contact for internal and external resources in conjunction with various product and business development projects.
- Working knowledge of portfolio management (e.g., 1 – 3 years direct experience managing or evaluating fixed income portfolios) and familiarity with operations and accounting practices would be an advantage
- Familiarity with bank and/or insurance wrap issuer contracts and constraints would be helpful
- Macro-economic background obtained through work or academic experience is desirable
- CFA and/or Master’s Degree in business, finance, quantitative finance, accounting, economics or scientific degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of stable value investment experience
- Familiarity with fixed income markets and securities coupled with knowledge of fixed-income analytics with a demonstrated ability to solve practical portfolio problems
- Masters complex tasks with minimal supervision; possesses a strong sense of accountability and is able to work both independently and within teams
- Highly self-motivated and able to prioritize tasks to align with organizational needs
- Is attentive to details and comfortable reviewing complex legal documents such as insurance contracts and investment guidelines
- Strong Excel and math skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
www.troweprice.com/careers REQ # 3423
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer