WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE:
At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Stable Value Underwriter
- Conduct all stable value product underwriting for new sales and existing business, semi-annual and ad-hoc underwriting of in force business with focus to proactively identify risks and raise issues to product management. Conduct due diligence visits with stable value managers, investment managers and/or plan sponsors. Lead and manage a staff of 1 to 2 analysts responsible for stable value investment portfolio compliance.
- This position leads and manages the Underwriting/Compliance team and is responsible for stable value underwriting analysis, quantitative and qualitative plan analysis, investment portfolio compliance and relationship management activities
- Utilize a thorough understanding of the stable value market to proactively develop risk reports and collaborate with product management and enterprise risk management on complex financial models for forecasting, trending and results analysis
- Analyze, model and forecast risks associated with plan demographic risk profiles and participant cash flow behavior. Analyze overall block of business and individual contracts for participant transaction trends and portfolio data changes and make recommendations for risk reduction to product management
- Annually review and update Pacific Life’s stable value risks guidelines for Corporate Division product management approval
- Annually review, update and present Pacific Life’s Corporate Products Pricing Policy and Investment Manager guidelines to Corporate Division product management and Enterprise Risk Committee (ERC) for approval based on investment market environment, product design and risk dynamics
- Research retirement industry studies on participant cash flow
- Proactively develop relationships with stable value managers and investment managers so they understand the importance of our information needs
- Provide customer support at the highest levels of accuracy, quality and service for our stable value clients
- Maintain strong internal business partnerships with stable value product management, operations, sales / marketing, legal and enterprise risk management
- Conduct investment manager monthly portfolio compliance and escalate all issues effecting contract risk with recommendation to resolve compliance infractions to product management
- Work with third party automated compliance vendor to ensure all guidelines are coded correctly and the compliance process is working efficiently. Periodically re-assess vendor selection to evaluate capabilities and cost.
- Attend SVIA conferences and other industry related conferences
- Travel and participate in client presentations and industry working groups
- 7-10+ years within the financial services industry
- 5+ years of experience working with fixed income portfolios or portfolio construction within stable value industry
- Knowledge of all aspects of retirement including plan design, products and services, investments, laws and regulations, stable value industry standards, and a competitive environment
- 3+ years leading and managing a staff of exempt level employees.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills, and the ability to analyze and comprehend complex information
- Strong attention to detail and business / client judgement
Please apply at www.pacificlife.com
Please apply by June 1, 2017